Monday, September 9, 2019

Inflammation, Diet, Food, Smoothie . . .

I have been drinking smoothies or a protein drink for breakfast since I was in high school.  My mom used to sell Shakley vitamins when I was little and that is where it all started.  They had a protein powder and mom always had some on hand.  As a child I hated eating breakfast, my mom tried everything to get me to eat something anything for breakfast.  I just could not do it, it was all about texture.  When mom brought home the protein powder I gave it a try, and that I could handle.  That was the start of my new breakfast routine. 
My routine has since shifted to smoothies with protein powder.  Over the years I have noticed some inflammation and joint pain in my knees and hands.  I researched what I could do, without medicine, to help relieve my inflammation.  There is  a great deal of information on the web about this subject and  I read most of it.  I found there are many fruits and veggies that aid in reducing inflammation.  I found pineapple, cherries, and blueberries to be the most flavorful for a smoothie.  I know this all sounds "witch doctory" but, I can really see and most importantly feel a difference in my knees and hands when I drink my smoothies. 
Here is my recipe for my breakfast smoothie:

1 cup coconut water
1/4 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
1/4 cup frozen cherries
1/2 fresh banana sliced
4 pieces fresh pineapple
1 tbs chi flax mix


blend in mixer or nuribullet and drink up.
They sell these little cans of pineapple juice and I work them in late in the afternoon.  I know it sounds like crockery that changing eating habits or adding something as simple as a smoothie would make  difference in how you feel but in my case it has.  Maybe it is all in my head and if that is true please keep that to yourself  because right now it works for me.   I also eat my fresh pineapple and blueberries when I want something sweet. 

No comments: