Friday, September 6, 2019

The Incentive I Needed . . . Mortgage Pay Off Here We Come . . . .

So the company that has had our mortgage since we refinanced seven years ago has sold our loan to an unknown company.   My old established company allowed me to pay online, check my balance, and pay extra principal payments with no fees.  The new company has a fee for everything except just snail mailing your payment and we all know how reliable snail mail is when it comes to getting things to where they are suppose to go in tact.  I sent my sister a Christmas card one year with the boys Christmas picture in it with Santa.  The post office delivered her a giant plastic bag with the words "We Care" printed all over the bag and inside that bag was a mere corner of the envelope which I had placed the Christmas card.   Does that say anything about "we care" to you?  I think not!!
Now the new unknown mortgage company wants me to mail my very precious loan payment to them via snail mail or pay a fee to send it any other way.  To say that I am a little perturbed is the understatement of the century. 
I know why the more reputable company sold my loan, they are not making enough money off of me.  They are still making money just not as much as they were before because we are paying our house off early.  You know what a big Dave Ramsey fan I am and I have been Gazelle intense these last several years at paying our house off.  So the amount of interest that they were making on us had decreased dramatically.  I have voiced my displeasure and complete and utter dissatisfaction with all of this to my old mortgage company and of course they do not care every thing is about the bottom line and I am not contributing enough to their bottom line so I do not matter.  Apparently I do not matter to this new company since they are going to FEE me to death in order to pay my mortgage.  What ever happened to customer service and taking care of the customer even if they are a small customer?   I hate to inform this new company but, I will not be with you long, I am more determined than ever to pay my mortgage off.  Debt Free Baby!! the only way to be!!

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Yikes! We switched to a 15 year mortgage and have about 5 1/2 years to go until we are done with the house payment. (I'm very excited about that!!) I pay a little extra every month but I doubt it's enough to make them sell the loan. At least I hope not!

And I would be super frustrated with a company that I could not pay online unless I paid a fee! It's 2019! Mailing a check is so old fashioned.

Pampered Mom said...

Yes, can you believe I am having to MAIL a check to a mortgage broker. I am still hot under the collar about it. I can tell you I have never been so determined to pay this sucker off. I will not pay $10 to make a payment online either I am tight like that.