Thursday, November 22, 2007

I want a baby. . . You what?

The other day I was sitting and reading a book, when Thomas came a sat with me. He was making a strange noise. I asked him, "What are you doing?". He replied, "I am holding my breath for a baby." I could not resist. Me: "You're doing what?" Thomas: "I am holding my breath to get a baby." Me: "Oh ok". Thomas: "Mommy if you hold your breath you will get a baby in your tummy." Thomas is only 4 so I am not ready for that baby talk just yet. I have not had that talk with my 8 yr. old either. I simply told Thomas that is not exactly how it works. He obviously does not believe me because I still catch him holding his breath around the house every now and then.

I am assuming that he has asked my husband for a baby brother or sister. I am sure my husbands response would be, "Hold your breath". Poor Thomas, he does not realize his daddy was using sarcasm. Most of Thomas' friends have younger siblings and I guess he thinks this is neat to have someone younger to boss around. I am sure he is tired of being bossed around by his older brother. He has not learned the wonders of being the baby. I am the baby of three. My husband is also the baby of three. I know as far as birth order goes we are tempting fate and should not be married. If you do not follow birth order things. There is a birth order book that says two babies of the family should not marry and two only children should not marry. Well that is another post.
I think I did get away with more than my brother or sister. I know my husband did. He was the golden child. He could do no wrong.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

That is so cute! Thomas is adorable and I think it is hilarious that he is going around the house holding his breath!

You better get to work Page! :)

jennwa said...

That is very cute. One day he will enjoy the fact he was the baby.