Friday, November 9, 2007

Sick on a Friday. . . .

Isn't it funny how your kids only get sick on Fridays or over a long weekend or worse yet 2 days before a big trip just for them. Yes, the dance has begun. We have a very special trip to Dillsboro planned for the kids to ride the Polar Express. Now this has been planned for months. I bought them special footed Pj's' for the trip because you are supposed to wear your Pj's' on the train.
Thomas was up alllllll night last night with a cough and stuffy nose and now this morning a 102 temp. So I will wait until the Doctor is open and call and beg to be seen. My Doctor is pretty good about seeing us since we only call on Fridays and when they are so busy they don't know what to do. Just kidding. They really are good about working us in. Goodness knows I do not want to be near a Prime Care again. (That is another post for another time)

Thomas is my 4 going on 40 year old. Those of you that know Thomas, know that the least little thing that is out of place can send him into a frenzy. He used to pitch a fit when his shoe would get untied at school so I had to send him in shoes with velcro. So you can imagine his reaction when his nose is so stuffy he cannot breath. It all started about 11:00 last night with the coughing and hacking. This also started the parade up and down the steps for the next few hours. He would come down to get help with his nose; crying and fussing and therefore making his nose worse. So I tried some cough syrup to help with the hacking. I laid back down to try to get some sleep. It's amazing how kids can sleep through almost anything even their own hacking. He would start coughing and I would drag upstairs to check on him and of course he was asleep. So back down the stairs to try and go back to sleep. I think it all ended about 1 am.
I don't sleep anyway much anymore so this does not bother me. I am SUPER MOM!! HA! I am the walking dead today. So if you hear children running and screaming zombie, zombie that is probably me dragging through Wal-Mart.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Peter has a cough and stuffy nose but no fever. I hope he didn't give it to Thomas! (He's had the cough for almost two weeks now...we've passed it around the whole family!)

Before bed, I have been dosing him up with cough medicing, putting Vicks on his chest and proping two pillows up so his head is an at angle. He has been able to sleep pretty well but his coughing wakes me up all night long. So, between Peter's coughing and Dan's snoring...I'm not getting much sleep either!

Hang in there! Hopefully you guys will be able to make the Polar Express! Can't wait to hear all aabout it1

jennwa said...

Wow, we must just be spreading the cough because Caity has been coughing too. Luckily for me,her cough only bothers my husband. Paige if it is the same cough it will be around for a while.
The Polar Express sounds great. Takes pictures (if you can) and please tell us all about it.