Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Garden. . .

We now have a tiller. Yeah!! Mark tilled up a little piece of the back yard so we can plant our garden. We planned out where everything was going to be planted. Some how, the things that I wanted to plant and eat were getting less and less rows. Mark does not eat much of what comes out of normal gardens. Unless you are growing cows or chickens. We had a slight argument about what and how much was going to be planted.

We decided to plant some spinach, lettuce, and onions. Now we planted 3 rows of onions and I am the only one that eats them. You ask the reason why, Mark bought a bag of onion sets and decided they all needed to be planted. In about 2-3 weeks I will have onions coming out of my ears. Now I love onions but even the biggest onion lover could not possibly eat those 3 rows before they go bad. I did get 2 rows of spinach and 1 row of lettuce. Now those I love and can eat that much easy. Now he has great plans for the little bit of dirt we have left. He wants to do 8 tomato plants, 4 cucumber plants, and 4 zucchini plants. Oh, and he just said last night that he wanted to do a row of corn for Thomas. Thomas loves corn. He only likes it on the cob though, he does not like it cut off. We were eating at Marks' sister house one day for a family get together. She had cut off corn and some other vegetables ect. I asked Thomas if he would like some corn and he asked if it was on the cob and I said no. He said, "can you put it back on the cob for me?" How funny is that. So I am glad to grow some corn for my little baby.

I have some pictures of our progress and I will post them later.

No comments: