Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sometimes you have to just tell them. . .

OK, so yesterday was a really bad day. Mark and I had a long talk and things are much better. Men are completely clueless sometimes. Mark did not realize he was hurting my feelings or that he was undermining me in front of the kids. We had a nice long talk and aired our feelings and I think we are on the same page now. Sometimes you have to tell men things because they have no clue what they are saying or doing. They don't realize how hurtful they can be with words. Mark is that way.

Most of the time I try not to over react but I think maybe yesterday with everything going on I may have over reacted. I did not say I was wrong, but that I "may" have over reacted. When I told Mark how upset I was he was shocked. He did not know I was upset. He said, "If I had known you were upset I would have called you sooner and we could have talked sooner." What the banging of the pots and pans and slaming of doors and cabinets did not give you a clue? You do have to tell them things they don't get hints at all. At least Mark does not. He will be the first to tell you that too. He needs things in bold print.

Now that we are on the same page we have to join together to battle the kids. If they know there is a weakness in the force field they will play on that. I hope we can show them our force field is strong. I think together we can do anything, even raise our children. I joke about that but you have to stand strong with each other so that your kids know that you back each other up. I guess that is why I was so upset yesterday with Mark. I felt like he was not backing me up.
Together with the good Lord we can do anything.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Amen Sister! Together with the Good Lord you CAN do anything!