Friday, July 17, 2009

Juggling

I took the kids to the International Jugglers Competition. Yes, they have such. It was a free thing opened to the public yesterday. They had all sorts of jugglers. The kids had a lot of fun. They even taught us how to juggle. I can only do the scarves but I can do it. There were a lot of kids there. They had one that was 9 years old and he had been juggling since he was 6. He could juggle 7 rings. He did really well. They had junior events and they had events for older people. There were several kids that performed for us and a couple of older folks.

After they had performed they let us try it and that is where they taught us how to juggle the scarves. I did pretty good if I do say so myself. They let us go to the gym down the hall and see all the other jugglers. They had guys doing the batons, balls, these weird giant yo-yo things, and rings. My favorite was a family from Virginia. Check out their website www.penguinjuggling.com This is a family that performs and teaches juggling. They also sell props for juggling. I bought Jack some balls to juggle. He thinks he is going to be the next juggling star. Thomas got a set of the scarves. It does help with hand eye coordination.

Just another day of our fabulous summer vacation.

No comments: