Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Learning to Swim.

Well, Thomas is just full of surprises this summer. Yesterday he learned to swim on his own. He put on his goggles and put his head under. I was shocked when I saw him I thought it was an accident so I told him how great that was that he just went under. I told him to try again and this time to remember to blow out through his nose. So he did it again he did not have his whole head under but he was close. He said, "that was fun Mommy." I said, yes and I have been trying to get you to do that all summer. So I decided I would get in with him and see if he would try swimming.

As soon as I got a foot in the water they were both splashing me like crazy. Then Jack proceeded to push me off the steps into the cold, cold, cold water. Once I regained my composure I showed Thomas how he could put his face in the water and push off with his legs and swim. He did and loved it. He jumped up and said Mommy I did it!

Before yesterday he would jump in but, he would not put his head under. Now, he jumps in and all of him goes under. He looks pretty cute with his goggles on. The little tendrils hang off his head so far they look like antennae.

My little one is growing up so fast. He learned to ride his bike without training wheels and learned to swim all within a week.

No comments: