Monday, September 7, 2009

Double digits. . .

Well, my baby has reached double digits. He will be ten this week. He is getting a new bike for his birthday. I feel old! Yuck! I have a ten year old son? He thinks he's twenty. We had a family get together at the Lake yesterday and fun was had by all. The kids played in the water, Mark fished, and I got to gossip with the ladies. HA HA!! Don't think that Mark was not gossiping to. You know men do it too. If they say they don't they are lying. My husband has gone to the kids basketball games and come home with more dirt on people than I could even think of. He never solicits information people just like talking to him and will tell him anything.

I made Jack a cake to go to the Lake for his Birthday Celebration. It was devils food with chocolate icing. Yummm!!! It turned out pretty good. I spelled his name on top with M&M's. He liked it and everyone else thought it was really good. I told' em you can't beat Betty Crocker. Jack got gift cards to the toy store so I guess tomorrow we will be shopping at the toy store. He already knows exactly what game he wants. He has been saving his commissions, that is what we call his allowance, for several weeks now to buy it. Now with birthday money rolling in he will be able to get it sooner than he thought. He is also very excited about his bike. He has already picked it out so all we have to do is pick it up. He did need a new one really bad. The one he has now is too small for him. Unfortunately, it is too big for Thomas right now. Thomas is at that in between stage. He is too big for his bike and his legs are too short for Jacks' bike.

No comments: