Monday, September 21, 2009

Football Jamboree. . .

Both the boys had their jamboree for football this weekend. Jacks' team scrimmaged against 4 other teams and did pretty good. They are still working on fine tuning a few things. I thought they looked great but of course I am a little prejudice. Mark on the other hand is very critical so he saw a lot of things they needed to work on. I was so excited one time because we were running for a touchdown and I looked to see who ran the ball and it was Jack. I jumped up and said that was Jack he's mine, that's my son. Yeah!! In all their gear you cannot tell who is who. I just know his number. They have their names on their jerseys but I can't see that far so that does not help. Thomas did well at his jamboree. This is Thomas first year of football so he has a lot to learn about the game. Several of the kids that are on Thomas team played last year so that is a big bonus. They know what to do. Thomas only played one team instead of multiple like Jack did. Thomas team won. Yeah!! I looked up one time and all I saw was Thomas feet fly in the air and then he got up rubbing his head. He was quite upset about that. We told him that's football, he did not like getting knocked for a loop. He bowed up at the boy and looked like he wanted to go after him but his coach grabbed him and brought him back to the line where he was supposed to play. He did not get any flags but he tried really hard. I think other than getting knocked on his fanny he had fun.

They both play on Saturday for real. They are playing at different times so I will get to see both games.

No comments: