Sunday, September 27, 2009

First Football game

We played our first football game yesterday for both boys. I love football but I do not like it in the rain. It rained all day yesterday and was a little chilly too. Since our club was the host for the games that meant we had to work the gate, the concession stand and do clean up. Just throw the rain in there and you have a party. I think my family changed clothes 3 times each during all that fun and to boot Mark wanted to go out to eat after the last game. Yuck! We went out to eat with me looking like a drowned rat. I must have been really hungry because I did not care that I looked like a drowned rat.
The boys played good games but Thomas's team got beat. They are a young team so some of them like Thomas still have a lot to learn. Thomas is still learning the finer points of the game. One thing he has not learned is that he is going to get knocked down. He still takes that personally. Yesterday he and one of my best friends' son knocked heads and they both came off the field crying. I think my friends' son got the worst end of the hit. Thomas is my little drama queen though so everything is major to him. In the middle of the drama they both said at the same time, "I don't want to play football anymore." I think it was a heat of the moment kinda thing. I think they will both be back at it on Tuesday for practice.
Jacks' team did well they won despite the rain and yuck. Jack scored a TD and a two point conversion. Of course I did not find that out until after the game. It is so hard to see who is who on the field. I just cheer for all of 'em.

No comments: