Thursday, September 17, 2009

New Bible Study . . .

I have started a 40 week Bible study through our Church called Gemeinschaft. It is a small group Bible study only seven people and we are reading our Bible and daily text and also creating a journal. Since the Moravians' are German then a lot of our names for things are German. Part of our study is creating our Lebanslauf which is German for spiritual autobiography. I was a little worried about that one. I have started it and surprisingly it is not as hard as I thought it would be. This has brought back many memories of my childhood and church. I have remembered things that I have not thought of in many years. One of the things that brought back great feelings was when I was about five or six and I got to be the star in the live nativity scene. I stood on a ladder behind the little shack they had built to represent the barn.
I also remembered all the pot luck suppers we had too. Our Church now has a few suppers but they are not really pot luck they are fixed by the members of the Church but they are not their own recipes. I think that is one thing I miss.
I hope when my kids look back on their childhood they will have fond memories of going to Church and Vacation Bible School.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like an interesting Bible study!

How have you been? I just started Enrichment yesterday! Pray for me!

Pampered Mom said...

Good luck on enrichment. What are you doing for enrichment? I will be thinking about you on Wed.

Beth Cotell said...

I am assisting Lisa Carpenter with Spanish. She has all of her lesson plans from the year before last when she did it so it should go very smoothly. I hope anyway!