Sunday, December 27, 2009

Going to see Santa and other stuff

Well, we went to see Santa on Friday when the kids got out of school. Yes, the day it snowed so much. We were waiting in line to see Santa. When we came out of the mall the snow had not accumulated on the ground yet, but was on the cars. The parking lot was full. We ended up taking the kids to eat before we went home. They love this wing place that has a trivia game. We sat in there watching the snow. I have to say it was beautiful. We had driven the Expedition up there so I knew there would not be a problem getting home. I figured the longer we sat there would give the idiots more time to get off the road. Sure enough we saw several cars in ditches on the way home. I don't think anyone was injured they were just stuck.
The kids had a blast. Mark even broke down and let them have a present early. They got their snow boards early from us. This was the perfect snow to snow board. Mark even got into the act. I always said he was a big kid. I have some great pictures of him snowboarding. HA HA!!!
The kids built a snowman too. We thought we had a real life frosty. We went out and he had rolled down the hill in front of our house. He was really heavy. Then the next morning he was back where he started put back together. That was funny.
I think the kids got all they could ever want and then some. Jack got an ipod from Santa and a compound bow and arrow set. Yeah, I know I never knew Santa delivered weapons. Luckily the arrows Santa got were blunt tipped. Jack found a love of archery at Church camp this past summer. Thomas got a LOT of Legos from Santa and a game or two for his DS. They are still putting together Legos today.

No comments: