Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Catching Up. . .

One of my dear friends from High School got married the weekend before Thanksgiving and I was blessed to be able to attend. I have not seen her in probably ten or more years and it was so nice to see her and to be a part of her special day. I also got to catch up with another dear friend that I had not seen in at least six years, we were both pregnant when we last saw each other. It was great seeing them both. In school we were in separable. We sort of lost touch when we went to college and started our own families. But, you would have thought we were never apart. We picked up right where we left off those many years ago. Now, we all have families of our own and getting together is hard but, I hope we will be able to stay in touch. The one friend is a teacher where my nieces go to school. The one that got married is a little further away.
It is so hard to stay connected to your old friends when life is so crazy and you have your family to take care of. I am going to make it a point this next year to try and stay connected to these wonderful gals. As my Daddy always told me, "You can only go as far as your friends will let you go." That is one I will always remember and has held true for me.

No comments: