Monday, January 4, 2010

Finally Back to Bible Study

I finally got to go back to my Bible study group last night.  Boy, did I miss it.  I have become quite attached to my friends in my group.  I did not realize how much I depended on that fellowship till I had missed three weeks in a row due to weather and Christmas.  We are presenting our Lebenslauf (spiritual autobiography) now, so each one of us takes a turn to give our story.   Mine will be last so I have a few weeks to agonize over how I  will present it.  I have added a few pictures to mine to help tell my story.  While I was at Moms' over Christmas I went through some old pictures trying to find some that related to what I had written in my Lebenslauf.  I was able to find a few.  It was nice to go down memory lane for a while too.  My Mom had kept a letter I had written her from Acteen camp it was pretty funny.   Acteen camp was a Christian camp that was associated with our Church.  We went for a week in the summer each year.  Now, I was only there for a week and in my letter I had asked Mom to send more money.  HA HA!!  I had bought a t-shirt from the canteen and I guess I wanted another one.
I am glad I will be back on track with my group now.  We meet once a week for two hours.   Our meetings really do get my week off to a great start.

No comments: