Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Taco Tuesday

Yes, yesterday was Taco Tuesday at out house and would you believe it Thomas actually ate and enjoyed his dinner.  This has been a work in progress.  I have been trying to help both me and the rest of the family eat healthier.  I know tacos don't sound very healthy but when you do them at home they are actually much better for you than fast food.   Jack is willing to try  anything to eat at least once but, Thomas you have to hog tie first then throw in down his throat.  (just kidding)  He really does not like to try new things.  Thomas actually ate 2 1/2 tacos (meat, cheese, shell).  Jack of  course ate several.  I did an even healthier alternative I skiped the shell and added a bed of fresh greens.  Jack would like to have Taco Tuesday every week but I told him that would not be healthy.  I know they were just gald it was not chicken.   Tonight is basketball practice so dinner will be quick but it will be at home.  We are on a no fast food thing this year or at least we are trying.  I have done well so far.  The kids did get pizza on last Friday because Mark and I got to go out for a nice dinner.  Beth, Marks' neice came over to watch the boys.  She is on her way back to college but she does not mind stopping in to sit with the kids for a bit.  
Here is to a Happy and Healthy New Year!!

No comments: