Monday, June 14, 2010

Day one Summer Vacation. . .

My kids slept till 9am.  Yahoooooo!!!  I didn't of course.  For some reason I could not sleep today.   Normally I could have and would have pleaded to have slept that long.  Today we have been lazy bones, staying in our jammies till two.  I did make the boys help me with laundry and do some reading.  I have decided I am tired of the huffing and puffing when I ask  them to do something so, I have been making them do push ups when they start.  I can't really tell if it has helped just yet.  They are getting very good at their push ups though.  Jack can knock out 20 in a snap with perfect form.  Thomas takes a little longer.  I figure they will either be the best mannered boys in town or they will have arms like "the Rock."    I am just so tired of the sassy mouth they have at times.   I figure the push ups will help them get ready for football this fall too.
We are officailly done with baseball and on the last game of the season Thomas hit a home run.  A legitimate home run, out to right center.  He brought in 2 runs with that hit.   He was so excited and so was everyone else.  He had been in a bit of a hitting slump.  What a way to come out of it?   I was trying to video tape it.  I got the hit and him running to first base then all you see is the chain link fence and you hear me screaming run!  I then pick him back up again running from third base home.  I did get him crossing home plate with his hands over his head jumping up and down.  It was pretty funny.  I am glad I have that though.  I have one of Jack when he played t-ball and he is floating around the bases like a butterfly, flapping his arms.  That one I think I will show when he is in High School.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Way to go Thomas!!!!!!!