Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Sorry for the long gap. . .

Our house has been crazy.  Sorry for such a long gap in posts.  I  hope with summer fast approaching that I will be able to do better with my posting.  The boys have been playing baseball like crazy this year.  They both have improved greatly.  It is rather funny that they both had a hitting slump at the same time.  Thankfully they are both on their way out. 
Thomas hit a home run last night, 3 RBIs' and a single and I did not get to see it.  I was across town at Jack's game.  Both teams got beat.  Jack has begun pitching and has really gotten very good at it.  I think anyway.  Of course you all know I am a little bias.  That is a mom's perogative you know.  Last night Jack pitched the last two inings and did quite well.  He struck two kids out.  When he is not pitching he plays third base.  At third last night he made a great play (what else would I call it) and got the kid out at first.
We have been consumed by baseball but our season is winding down.  We have been playing for a different group and it has been a good experience.  They only play an hour  on school nights and we rarely have Satruday games.  I think Jack has had one Saturday game and Thomas had one scheduled as a make up game.  This leaves us free to play on Satruday as a family which is great. 
Our Summer is going to be crazy too.  Why shouldn't it?   We have lots of things planned so I will be blogging to keep everyone up to date.
I enjoyed my time as a substitute teacher this year too.  I enjoyed working at the High School.  I thought it would be more difficult than Middle School but it was not.  I think next year I will get to work even more since they know me.  I learned a lot during this time too.
I am finishing up my 40 week Bible study.  It has been an experience.  I have learned  a lot about my self and my  relationship with God.  I am in the process of writing my "Rule of Life."  This is part of our program.  This is to be the way we want to  live our life.  The rules by which we will guide ourselves to live a more Christian life.  Like I said, I have learned a lot.  I do think I have a better relationship with God and I think I have grown as a person during this time too.  My kids are learning too.  They  see me reading my Bible and studying it and they have also been doing that at night before they go to bed.  Jack has always been interested in the Bible and since I got him a new one that is written more in lauguage that he can understand he is reading more and more everyday.  Thomas on the other hand, has just gotten started reading his.  He likes it though, he also likes reading it to me.  Jacks' Bible is "God's Word for Boys"  it is an adveture Bible.  The one I got for Thomas is also an adventrue Bible and is more for his age.   So my Bible study has benefited everyone. 
Isn't it funny how things work out? 

No comments: