Monday, October 11, 2010

From the mouth of my youngest, Thomas. . .

After football practice we rush home to get baths and get ready for bed.  I am usually able to get Thomas home first since Jack's practice is a little longer.  One day last week Thomas was in the shower,  he is at that stage where if I get the water started he can do everything else himself, I hear him yelling Mommy, Mommy I have a hair.   I ran upstairs to see what all the yelling was about and praying I had heard him wrong.   I came in the bathroom and asked what was wrong.  He said, "Mommy I have a hair under my arm."  I said,  really?  I knew he was still too young for that, he barely has hair on his legs.    He said, "yes Mommy and you're not cutting it either.  You can cut any others I get, but I am keeping this one."  Well, you can imagine my response, I just about fell in the floor laughing.  I simply replied, Thomas boys don't shave under their arms only girls do.  He said, "oh, well I am keeping this one and I am going to name him Elmer."   After further inspection he realized it was meerly a fuzzy from his washcloth and not a hair.   He seemed terribly disappointed and deep down I was doing cartwheels.  I am not ready for puberty and certainly not ready for Thomas to hit puberty.  Something tells me the whole neighborhood will know when he hits it.  

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

PUBERTY???? Please don't go there! Just don't! So glad it was only a fuzzy and nothing more.

Pampered Mom said...

you have no idea how glad I was. HA HA HA!!