Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Dinner with Thomas. . .

Last night was crazy.  Mark went to the High School game and I was everywhere.  Jack had a party to go to and Thomas and I had to take a cake to the Church for our Women's Fellowship Fall event.  I came home after school and made my cake, now this is a homemade pound cake from scratch.   When the cake was done I took it out to cool and took Jack to his party.  Then came home picked up my cake to take to Church.  I will not make the Fall Event because I will be at the football field all day, actually between two fields today.   On the way to the Church I realized Thomas and I had not had dinner, so I asked him what he would like.  He said pizza.  That hit my hunger zone, so I agreed.  I dropped my cake off and bought my sister-in-laws white wine cake.  It is sooooo good.   Thomas had a fit for a red velvet cake that was there and one of the nice ladies at the Church said she would buy it for him.  Jo, I will get even with you for that one.  He loved it though and thank you.   Now, off to eat Pizza, like I need that. 
While we wait on our pizza Thomas and I are having a discussion about school and stuff.   They have been talking about yearbooks at school and he has been at the High School with me and heard them announce superlatives.  You know, "Best Dressed, Class Clown, Most School Spirited"  ect. . .   Well, Thomas said, Mom I want to be the class clown.  Do you think I would get it?  The waitress was cleaning a table near by and heard this conversation, she cracked up.  Thomas then added, Mom I want do it during class I will just do it when it is play time.  Then I cracked up.   I just love my kids they can always make me smile and laugh when my day is sometimes not so great.  I told him yes, he could be the class clown but I would prefer him to try for something else, like most likely to succeed.   After we ate we had to hurry back to pick up Jack from his party.   We got home maybe an hour before Mark got home from the ballgame.  What a night!

No comments: