Friday, October 15, 2010

If it was not for my kids. . .

If it was not for my kids I probably would have nothing to write about.  They say and do the funniest things and just crack me up.  Yesterday was no exception.  I woke up not feeling like myself and got sick after everyone had gone to school and work.  I got up and cleaned the bathrooms and started the laundry and then got sick.  So I kinda laid around the rest of the morning thinking I would feel better.  The day seemed to fly by because the next thing I knew the kids were bounding through the door.  Yesterday was football practice for both of them so we had to hit the books as soon as they got home.
They worked on the their homework and got a snack and I still did not feel right.  They finished everything up and got dressed for practice.  Mark took them both and I went over later to pick Thomas up.  His practice ends before Jacks.  I always like to get Thomas home and in the shower before Jack gets home.   After Tom's shower he came downstairs to have a snack before bed.  He asked how I was feeling and I told him I still did not feel just right.   He said, "Mommy I wish I could be sick instead of you.  You always take such good care of us when we don't feel well.  I wish I could do that for you and make you feel better."  I just about cried.  I ran over to him and hugged him real big.  I told him that he had just made me feel 100% better.  Just when you think nothing you say or do is sinking in, the least one gives you a glimmer of hope.  That is God letting you know not to give up  and letting you see a glimpse of the fruit of your labor.

No comments: