Saturday, October 30, 2010

A sports loss. . .

Why is it so hard when one of our kids looses at a sport?  I don't mean for them, I mean as a parent.  Both of my boys teams lost today and I think I took it harder than they did.  Why is that?  Yes, I am competitive, but why do I get so tied up over their stuff?   I think I felt more sorrow over Thomas and his teams loss than I did over Jacks.  Not sure why.  Tom's little team all had tears in their eyes and I was welling up too.   They just had progressed so much this year and I think all of the parents were sad too.   We watched these little seven and eight year olds learn the game and really start to understand the game.  
I hope they will all continue to play.  Thomas will move up to tackle football next year and that is a whole other animal.   Several of the boys on Tom's team will be old enough to move up and I hope that they all do.  They are all such good athletes.   Well, my time on the football field is done I guess.   I don't think they allow team Moms on the field in tackle football.  HA HA!!  Maybe I should be a coach?    Yeah, I know all the men would give me heck. 

No comments: