Monday, April 13, 2015

Making progress on Monday. . .

The hubbs making great progress with the knee this week.  He got a fabulous report from his physical therapist.  He can now walk on level ground without his crutches.  I know that does not seem like a lot but since he has been on crutches for over a month now, this is great.   We had a great weekend filled with lots of baseball.  The kids did get back to Church on Sunday so that is good.   Sprat has been fussing because we have not been able to go since the hubbs surgery.   He loves being a part of the youth and being involved in our youth programs.   They are getting ready for the 30 hour famine again in May.  If you work with a youth group you should look into this program.  It raises awareness of people going hungry all over the world especially the children.  As we get closer to the date I will share the website and you can check it out.
At some point my hubby will have to go back to work but, I must admit I have enjoyed having this time together.  If this is a window into retirement, I am ready for him to retire now.   We have been binge watching TV shows on the Roku.  We are almost through Weeds, it is wild.  He has found the music channel and is watching old rock concerts some he went to and some that he did not get to go to.  Since he has improved and does not require a crutch as much, it is easier going places.  We went out to eat to celebrate his good report and the kids grades and he did great.  I am still concerned for him to be out in a crowd because people may not realize how very sensitive that leg is, especially if he is wearing pants and you cannot tell he has on his brace.  His brother took him to the garden store after his therapy visit the other day and he said he felt like a little kid going to the toy store.  He was almost giddy.   He loves gardening and working in the yard.  Today I mowed, which I enjoy , I also trimmed our bushes around the house.   He hates that he cannot help with the mowing and the bushes but, he did come out and offer his expert advice while I was trimming the bushes.
It has been very nice spending this extra time with my dear hubby.  Sometimes I think we find that there is so much going on that you do not really talk with your spouse.  There is a lot going on at our house too and we are both guilty of just going through the motions some days.   We do actively make time for each other but sometimes we can get bogged down in the day to day.  This whole surgery/hospital thing has actually been a blessing because, we have seen what retirement will be like and I think it will be fun.
Here is a shot of my phlox, I absolutely love them, they have such beautiful color.

No comments: