Thursday, December 15, 2016

Alarm Clocks. . .

During our power outage while I was at home with my sister, our alarm clock was blown up.  Grrrr!!  I really liked this alarm clock, it woke you up to ocean sounds.  Once I was home I went out to find a new clock.  Alarm clocks are not as easy to find as you would think.  Everyone uses their cell phones as their alarm clocks these days.  I prefer a real alarm clock.  I knew I was going to need one when the hubbs went to New Jersey for sales training because I do not just wake up.   I finally found one and it is really neat, it has a setting so that you can set it for two different alarm times.   Days I work I get up at 4:45 days I do not I get up around 5:50.  It is nice that I do not have to keep changing the alarm time.  The new clock also has a setting for ocean sounds and this one the alarm comes on and then gradually gets louder.  I thought that was a really cool feature.  Monday was the first time I used the alarm part and when they say it gradually gets louder, it is a lie.  This alarm went off and I had the ocean screaming in my ear.  This is going to take some work to figure all of this out.  I think once I figure it out I will love it.  It also has a projector, so that you can project the time on the ceiling, the hubbs did not like that feature he thought the glare would keep him up.  I love this feature so I have had it on since he has been gone.  I did make the mistake of having it on one time and moving the clock to the pillow while sweet Basil was on the bed and she completely freaked out.  I am not sure if it was the fact that it was on the ceiling or if it was that it was moving across the ceiling that bothered her but I have not used the projector since then.  This clock also has a radio and a USB port for charging other devices.  I thought that was pretty handy, especially since the two goobers that cut our power and phone line in November are back out here fixing the other houses they cut phone lines at that same time.  I called our phone provider and and told them how upset I was that they brought these same two goobers back out to fix what they messed up to begin with.   I am just anticipating the power outage.  I explained to the phone company that our temps are supposed to drop into the teens tonight and that I would be very upset if I lost power again due to these two inept contractors.   Fingers crossed.

No comments: