Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Bad Gifts. . .

Have you ever gotten a gift and thought, what makes this person think I would like something like this?  My hubby has started this tradition of cheesy gifts.  One year for Christmas he gave me a lemon spritzer.  Well I got him one of those things you can put in the car door to help you get out of the car, I think it is called a car cane.  He found it before I could give it to him and decided he would get me something ugly for Valentines too.  He gave me the giant magnifying glasses he found in "as seen on TV" section of the drug store.  He took offense that I gave him the cane thing to help him in and out of the car so he decided he would get me something to make me feel old.  I was being sincere when I got the cane thing.  He does have trouble getting out of the car because of his knee, I was not saying anything about him being old.
He did get me a box of really good chocolate and silly card that I really liked.
So, has anyone ever given you a gadget or something silly as a gift?  Do you think they really meant it in a mean way or were they sincere?  Sometimes we think that we are getting someone a great gift and our intentions are the very best but, the recipient of our gift is not as impressed.

No comments: