Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentines Day!!!

I hope every one has a wonderful day.   Do you get your kids Valentines?  I do, my Dad always gave my sister and I a little box of chocolate for Valentines and I have carried that tradition to my boys.  I know I have posted about that before because last year I ate their chocolates and put money in their boxes.  This year they actually got chocolate.   Do you have a tradition from your childhood that you have carried on to your kids?  I would love to hear your stories.
I like having little traditions to pass along to my kids.  I even mentioned this to Sprat this morning as he was eating breakfast.   My dear hubby balks at Valentines day, he says, like every other male on the planet that it is a made up holiday by the greeting card and floral industry.  The hubbs is a bit of a tightwad but, I do love him just the same.  He went so far as to tell me his thoughts on this holiday before we ever started dating, which by the way, was almost twenty-five years ago.  With all of his backwards thinking he is a romantic at heart or at least he used to be.  Our first Valentines together was quite romantic, he surprised me with a treasure hunt for all of my goodies.  He had stashed candy, cards and flowers around his apartment and left clues for me to find them.  I was very surprised especially after he had informed me he did not believe in Valentines.  
We do not buy each other gifts for Valentines but we do get each other cards and sometimes chocolate.  Sometimes we get to go out for a nice dinner, I hope we can fit that in between what the kids have going on this week.  Love and family it is all good.
Stay tuned Lacrosse season is gearing up, things are going to get interesting around here.

No comments: