Tuesday, January 8, 2019

No Resolutions Here. . .

I used to do New Year's resolutions when I was much younger but, I always seemed to fall short.  I made  a decision a long time ago that I would just try to be the best Me I could be.   I make that resolution every morning as I go about my day.  I still fall short but I try every day. 
One of the things I have been trying, to be a better me, is the 100 days of real food.  I got the new book for Christmas along with some new Instant Pot accessories.  Along with the "real food" adventure I have added, very gingerly, yoga.  Don't laugh, if my mother-in-law can do it, I think I can start a beginner session.  I have only added a few poses to help with flexibility.  I took ballet for 9+ years, rode horses from the time I could walk till I had Sprat, and I cheered through high school and  college. I used to be flexible, it is a horrible feeling that I have problems getting in and out of the floor.  ughhh !!! Getting old stinks, age sucks our brains out and takes away our flexibility and agility.  Ok so it is not just age, it is our schedule and for me it is a neglect of taking care of myself.  I guess maybe I did make a resolution of sorts, I am going to do better about taking care of me this year.  You will have to stay tuned to see how this yoga business works out, I hope that I do not have to post from a hospital bed in traction or something. 

No comments: