Friday, January 4, 2019

Courage for the New Year. . .

Courage doesn't always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, I will try again tomorrow.  
By Mary Anne Radmacher.

I have placed this quote in my planner for the start of this year.  I cannot remember where I saw this but it really stuck with me.  
I bought a new book for my hubby earlier from Dave Ramsey, "48 Days to the Work You Love" by Dan Miller.  This was a suggested book from one of groups I am in on Facebook that is a Dave Ramsey group.  I have shared numerous times that my hubby is in a very volatile business, and of course you know he was laid off two years ago and then re hired for the same position 8 months later.  Well, they are looking at downsizing again, his company has already sold off several divisions and laid off several sets of sales representatives.  My dear sweet hubby could be laid off again with no severance package this time.  This is what prompted me to buy this book.  He got several books this year for Christmas so he has not picked this one up yet.  I decided that I would check it out and see what all it had to say.  I have read the first chapter and love it, I think I may be in the work that I love right now.  That first chapter has re affirmed my choice in work and being affirmed in my decision makes my work much more rewarding.  My hope is that my very sweet hubby will find something that will make him happy too.  Starting out in his job he enjoyed it because he was educating people and sharing his knowledge and his passion for his product.   Now there are unrealistic and unattainable quotas that are created by people that have no idea what it means to be a sales person.  This job has sucked the life out of my sweet hubby and I would love for him to find his work that he would love.  Fingers crossed and I will keep you updated, lots of changes coming for our family. . . 

No comments: