Thursday, February 12, 2009

Nobody is perfect. . .

I always joke when I do shows that I am pampered and not perfect. I won't everyone to know you don't have to be a professional chef to make wonderful recipes in their own kitchen. Well this not so perfect moment has nothing to do with cooking or even the kitchen.

Yes, I am telling on myself, but I have learned that you have to laugh at yourself and allow others to laugh with you. I know I am not alone out there and for anyone else who has done this before just know it is ok.

I was trying to get ready for Thomas' birthday and I started calling our usual place to have it. They were booked up til mid March. That would not do. Thomas is upset enough that we are having his friend party a week later. So I asked him where else he would like to have a party. He decided and I made the arrangements. I began making his list of friends and sending the invitations. There were a few friends that I only had phone numbers for so I called them and invited them. I also sent some emails. I ordered my cake and everything was set. I came in yesterday and checked my email and I had two responses from the emails I had sent. Come to find out I had put the wrong party day in the email and when these ladies got their invitations it had the actual party day. Thank goodness they emailed me and questioned it because if they had not I would have been missing 4 kids and a cake. Worse than missing the kids they would have show up at the party a day late. That would have been terrible.

So if you get an invitation and an email to a party make sure they have the same date on them and do not assume anything. Make that call. You may save your party hostess a good deal of embarrassment. Of course if she is like me you may give her blog material.

Thanks to Beth at A Mom's Life, and Jennifer at The Ramblings of a Crazy Woman. You can connect to their blogs in my blog list to the right. Check it out.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

We would have all been very confused! :)