Thursday, February 26, 2009

Thomas' isms

Thomas has been studying Abraham Lincoln in school the past few weeks. He was telling his Daddy what he had learned about him. He told his Daddy that every time he saw a bottle of log cabin syrup he thought about Abraham Lincoln. Mark asked why. Thomas replied, "he was born in a log cabin and he died at the movies." I could not help but laugh. Thank goodness Thomas was not around while Mark and I were discussing all of this. I love my children they bring true perspective to life.

Thomas played basketball this past weekend and the poor dear had two games in one day. My folks were able to come and see both Jack and Thomas play ball. Jack won his game and Thomas won his too. They got to see the two best games the boys had played all year. Thomas scored two points and had a rebound too. It was an exciting game. Thomas also had a rebound and shot two points at the wrong goal. That was cute. Everyone laughed and I asked, "Whose kid was that?" After the game Thomas came and sat with my Mom and she was congratulating him on a good game. Thomas said, as he was pointing to the offending goal, "Gee, I didn't mean to do that." We all laughed. She said that was ok that sometimes we all get a little excited and forget which goal we are shooting at. I think that is a good life lesson too.

This was Thomas first year playing basketball and he loved it. He is not very good at it yet but he enjoyed it. I think it all clicked during the game my folks saw. You could see him watching and trying to steal the ball. He seemed to understand the concept of the game. He got called for a foul and he looked up at the referee questioning, "what did I do?" Thomas did not understand the foul. He looked puzzled for a few minutes and then continued.

Now baseball starts. He is very excited about baseball. He cannot wait to start practice. Jack moves up this year to player pitch. This should be an interesting year for us.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

We are supposed to have our first practice on Sunday but it looks like it's going to be rainy. UGH!

Pampered Mom said...

Thomas has his baskeball party at the same time so we will only be there for part of the time.