Tuesday, February 10, 2009

This House is a Wreck Cont. . .

You remember my dear husband who said my house was a wreck. Well I did not tell you that he set in to play all these grand plans to clean up this messy house and promptly was called out of town on business. So here I am doing all the work, as usual, because I am the one with the uterus.

I did not mention the grand plans he had for our children. He has deemed that our children watch to much TV and the probably do. I will bet that they don't watch more than the average child. They already do not watch TV or play video games before school or right after school. He has decided that they are only allowed 2 hours of TV per day. Now I agree to much TV is not good but I do believe he is on a little bit of a power trip. I am unsure of where all this has come from. I believe that my kids and maybe one or two other kids are the only ones that do homework after school. My door bell starts ringing as soon as they get home from the bus stop. I always tell the kids they cannot come out until all their homework is done. Jack does not have a lot of homework but he always has something he needs to do. He has to read everyday for 15 minutes and then do his other work.

So here I sit as we prepare for the day holding down the fort while dear hubby is out of town.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

My husband is out of town all week long too!

I make Peter do his homework right after school. He would rather play and relax but I would rather that he get in the habit of doing it and getting it out of the way.

And I think tv/computer use goes up in the cold winter months. Once it gets warmer, they will be outside playing most of the time. So I try not to let it worry me too much right now.

Pampered Mom said...

Thanks. Sorry hubby is gone. You really don't miss em' till their gone. Mark really does more than I probably give him credit for.