Monday, February 8, 2010

Learning to Drive

So, my sisters' youngest daughter  is learning to drive.  I got tickled at my sister the other day when she was talking about the girls driving and everything.   Her oldest is getting ready to go to college, in fact, she had an interview for a full scholarship to go to Campbell University on Saturday.  She has really good grades and has been involved in a lot of different school and community activities.   So back to driving, the youngest took drivers education and only had to drive three days.  Now, when I was learnig to drive we actually drove for a week and each kid got twenty to thirty minutes behind the wheel.   I personally believe that the kids need more than just three days behind the wheel before I have to let them drive me somewhere.   I know they get their permit and then they drive with their parents but like I said I want them to have more time behind the wheel with the instructor before they are driving me anywhere.  I am not ready.  Yeah, I have five more years before I have to really worry about it but, YIKES!!!! 
So the new saying for the kids learning to drive is;  keep it between the mustard and the mayo and stay out of the lettuce.  I know it is corny but I could not stop laughing when my sister was telling me about it.
Wait a minute,  five more years and Jack is driving.  Holy Cow!   And I know dating will come before actual driving too.  Oh, boy! 

No comments: