Friday, February 19, 2010

Strange things we do as adults. . .

I am an adult but, I can't seem to get by this.  For folks that have lost children or spouses I do not know how you do it and I applogize for dwelling on this so much.  Mark went to throw Fritos' bed away.  This is the bed she used when she slept in the garage when we were not home.   Jack happened to be outside when he took it out to the garbage.  Jack asked Mark what he was doing and when Mark told him he got upset.  Jack said we needed to leave that in the garage so we did not forget about Frito.  I know he just a child and does not understand.  I get that, but I threw away her plastic water dish and Mark jumped on me about it.   He went in the bathroom and asked where her water dish was.  I told him I threw it away.  I also explained it was plastic and we did not need it.  He (meaning Mark) had requested that I not put her food bowl away.  This was before the incident with Jack and the bed.  I guess we are all going through our steps of mourning.  The kids are actually doing a lot better than Mark and I.    Thomas is ready to get another dog.  Jack is not and Mark is not, I don't know if I will ever be ready for another dog.
Mark is picking her ashes up today at the vet.  Yes, I bought an urn to keep them in too.  I never thought I was going to be one of those people.  I guess you never know until it happens to you.  I had to discuss all of that with the folks that took care of it and I cried to that poor man.  He was very nice and I guess he deals with this a lot and he was very polite.   If you ever have to go through this they are the best.  Carolina Pet Services, they have several different locations and service a large area.   This is not just a job to them I think they genuinly care about these animals even though they didn't know them.

No comments: