Friday, February 26, 2010

The New Dryer. . .

We bought a new dryer.  It is amazing the things I get excited about these days.  New bedroom decor and new dryer. . .  Who would have thougt it?  So I get my new dryer yesterday and it is nice.  The old one I think was operated by little mice running on a wheel.  I could only use low heat and most loads had to be on for at the least an hour.  So this new dryer was supposed to be energy efficient and quick ect. . .
So I did several loads of laundry yesterday and Mark comes home to check it out and the door will not shut.  I have opened and closed this thing all day and now it will not stay shut.   It is now almost 6pm and I call the store to tell them of the defect and the fact I have only had the dryer for less than twelve hours.  The young man on the other end says, "You will have to call them in the morning and talk to the delivery crew so they can come out and fix it.  You will need to call them before 7am."   So I agreed.  This morning I tried to call at 6:45am and guess what?  The answering service comes on and says, "Store hours are 7am -" and that is when I hung up.  So why would a sales person tell me to call before the store even begins to answer the phone.  Is this some kind of cruel joke on me?  I did call back and finally did get a live person and they said we be there and then hung up.  I have no idea when they will be here.  So here I sit trapped until the folks come to   "FIX"  my brand new dryer.  
I don't think I would be this aggrivated except this is not the first time this has happened with this National store.  When we moved in this house we bought our refrigerator from them and right out of the box it did not work.  I went through three refridgerators before I got one that worked.  I bought my washer from them also it worked for a week then it stopped working.  I had not even received a bill on it before it broke.  You would think I would have learned my lesson but I gave them another shot.  This is a minor problem but I still have a very expensive appliance I am paying for that I cannot use.  I am sure this is some sort of test.  I don't think I am going to pass either.

No comments: