Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Hard Drive Storage? ? ? ?

Do you need more storage for your computer?  Would you like to back up your MANY picture files to another source to protect them from computer failure?   I looked into to this for myself, that is why I thought I would share what I found with you.  There are many options for file storage away from your computer.  There are flash or thumb drives that have good storage capabilities.  You could buy and install an extra hard drive on your current computer system but, that would still run the same risk of virus and crash as your original hard drive.   
With those thoughts running through your head, what other option could there be?   There is a stand alone hard drive offered by Western Digital called a passport.  These offer portability and safety for your files, pictures, anything you want to keep safe and private.  There is the Passport X for gaming it is compatible with Xbox 360, Xbox one, and PC gaming.  Depending on which gaming system you use will depend on how much you can store on the Passport X.  The Passport X runs about $100.00.
The Passport Ultra runs about $80.00 and has 2 TB of storage for your pictures, videos, and extra files.  2 TB = 2,000 gb   
Since the kids are all gaming heavily these days I liked the Passport X for the extra storage that you get for your gaming console.  We had to buy extra storage for ours a year or so ago, I wish I had known this option was out there.  

No comments: