Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Vacation. . . Begins

The hubbs has gone back to work today.  I pray that he will have a good day and that his leg will not give him too much trouble.  The boys are still asleep.  They start football tomorrow,  I am a little worried about the heat we are expecting this week. 
Since the hubbs has been out of work since March, I doubt he will be able to take any vacation this year so we will probably be doing some stay-cation things.  Luckily,  there are wonderful things to do that are only a short drive away.   Looks like some day trips for us.  My mom was telling me that for the month of June the Biltmore House has free admission for kids.  I checked the website and kids (10-16) are free through September with an adult admission.  If you purchase 7 days in advance, adult tickets are $50.  Check out their website, they have a lot of options for tickets.  www.biltmore.com
There are also several science museums around and of course the zoo.  
The boys are going to be busy with a few camps too.  Sprat is very excited about Mission camp with our Church in July.  Big T gets to do a leadership camp through the school at the community college in July.   Of course they both have football camps too, I think we may enjoy some down time in between.  
If you are in need of ideas for what to do with the kiddos this summer check your local library they usually have a list of things being offered.  
Today we are going to enjoy a veg-out day, a day to do nothing.  Stay tuned, I will keep you updated on what is going on around here.  

No comments: