Friday, July 17, 2015

Field Trip. . . .

Big T and I went to visit my folks yesterday and we also went to see the Biltmore House.  I was able to talk my sister and her girls and my mom into going with us.  We had a blast and got to visit one of the most beautiful places in North Carolina.  We had a great day for our trip, the weather was perfect and the way we had planned it worked our great.  We visited the house and part of the gardens first then ate at the Stable Cafe.  We also went to the Winery and the museum at Antler Hill Village.
I had forgotten how truly  amazing this place was.  It has been years since I had been and many things had changed since I was here.   There were several things that Big T especially wanted to see; the pool, bowling ally, and the Napoleon chess set.   He was a little disappointed to find out they had moved the chess set to the museum at Antler Hill Village.   My favorite parts were the billiard room and the library with the spiral staircase.    We used the audio sticks and were able to hear detailed information about each room, it was almost like having a guided tour.  They told us about how Vanderbilt decided where and how to place the house so that they could take advantage of the beautiful views.   I was disappointed that we could not take pictures inside the house but we took a lot of pictures of the grounds.   I would love to go back at Christmas to see all of the decorations.  We had a great time.  Here are some of our pictures. . .







Stay tuned, we have a few trips planned for next week too.  

No comments: