Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Sight Seeing with Big T. . .

Since Sprat is away at camp I thought I would take Big T on some short trips to check out some things that were not to far from home.  Today we did not get to go do what I had originally planned but we had a great day and it was quite educational.
Today we went to the first Moravian settlement in North Carolina, Bethabara.   I always thought it was Old Salem but it was actually Bethabara.  There are still a few of the original buildings there and they offer a quick tour.  You can also do your own walking tour of the grounds.  It was a little warm but well worth the visit.  We also walked to their graveyard for the Bethabara settlement.
We took a short trip downtown to a local glass blower shop, Olio.  I was fascinated by this place, Big T could take it or leave it.  We watched as an apprentice glass blower worked with the glass.  I could have stayed there all day to watch that.  We have another trip scheduled for later in the week and maybe two more next week so stay tuned.






No comments: