Saturday, December 8, 2018

Preparing for Snowpocalypse 2018. . . .

The hubbs is on his way, sort of, to get Sprat a little earlier than planned.  He was trying to beat the weather out of the South.  Sprat still has two exams before he is finished, well one exam and a speech.  The speech has something to do with Cheerwine, I cannot wait to hear about it.  I shipped two cases of Cheerwine to him at school for this speech.  You cannot get Cheerwine in Boston heck, I do not think you can get it in Virginia even.  It is a southern thing.  Sprat so desperately wanted to share some of his Southern, I would not say heritage but maybe Southern traditions with his new friends in Boston.  It is not cheap to ship to cases of Cheerwine either.  I have had a time trying to get him mail.  I had three different packages in limbo for two weeks.  The postal person did contact me at the main branch in Brookline, MA and I must say he was the nicest and most professional person I have spoken with in the post office.  He was so helpful and in two days Sprat had all three of his packages and his Cheerwine for his speech. 
Back to snowpocalypse prep.  Yesterday the hubbs fixed his amazing crockpot chicken and I made chicken and rice soup in the instant pot today with his left over chicken and stock.  Soup was very good and Big T liked it too.  I used the stock left over from the hubbs crock pot chicken and added a little chicken stock and some rice, carrots, onion, and a little garlic and sage.  That cooked on soup setting for 15 minutes and then I added the chicken and did slow cook setting for 2 hours so all of the flavors could meld.   I felt like chicken and rice soup is a great staple for the snowpocalypse.  I have wrapped presents and made some scrabble (chex mix) too. 
Lots of things to get done before Christmas but most important is getting the hubbs and the boy home safe.  Stay tuned, the hubbs has requested pictures of the house with the lights on in the snow.  This should be very interesting. 

No comments: