Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Old and Married but We still Got It!!!

So this is probably an adult only post so do not read in front of your kids.  The hubbs and I celebrated 26 years this month, we celebrated watching a lacrosse game.  We are going to try an do dinner some time this month after lacrosse season is over.    We are pretty practical people when it comes to gift giving, every now and then we splurge on gifts to each other.  This year my very sweet hubby got a new toilet for his bathroom, ever since he blew his knee out he has wanted one of those higher toilets in his bathroom.  Happy Anniversary to my hubby, he got his potty this week.  Happy Anniversary to me, I got new brakes for my car.  It is ok to be practical folks, you do not have to always blow everything you have on a gift.  We are trying to pay our house off early so we did our Anniversary Dave Ramsey style. 
The other day while I was at work I get this text from my hubby, it was a picture of his fortune from his fortune cookie from the night before.  It said, "love is on the way."  He then wrote on the bottom of it, "your wife will want you to night!!!"   I work 12 hour shifts and had just worked night shift the day before so I was a little behind on my sleep.  I text him back a picture of my fortune that I had taken to work with me for my lunch, "It is better to attempt something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and fail."   I told him I would need wine, diamonds, and chocolate if his attempt was going to be great.  Now, my hubby and I banter back and forth like this all the time.   He text back,
"you can't hit a home run if you don't take the bat off your shoulder."   He then said, "if I make you laugh I have done my job."  This my friends is true love, a man that knows that if he can make you laugh that he can make you feel better about your day.  I love this man to the moon!!!
When I got home that night after a really long bad day, there was a little brown bag on my pillow and inside was:  a bottle of Mucinex DM cough syrup (this was the wine), a bag of open Nestle chocolate chips (chocolate), and a piece of charcoal in a plastic baggie pinched with a wrench ( my diamond in the making).  How is that for creativity??   We may be old but we still got it!!! 

No comments: