Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Herbs and More. . .

The hubbs was able to fill in my bulkhead with good dirt and I have now planted my first plant, a Rosemary.  I am so excited, we use to have a large Rosemary plant in the backyard and we had a brutally cold winter one year and it took its toll and my beautiful Rosemary died.  I have not had one in several years and I am so looking forward to having one again.  I use my fresh Rosemary to make a tea and once it is cooled off you can pour it on your hair, it will strip all of the product off and make your hair silky smooth.  I learned that trick from my sister, we used Mom's Rosemary to do this growing up.  Rosemary is also good in a bath with some Lavender.  I also cook with my Rosemary, it is good in poultry dishes and a friend of mine used it in a homemade spaghetti sauce recipe. 
My seeds I am trying to start of Lavender and Sage are not doing very well, I may be buying some plants later to plant. 
 
The Finished Product!!


My first little plant of Rosemary


The Man that made it all happen.  

No comments: