Saturday, June 21, 2008

Brother Vs. Brother

Why is it the older brother feels the need to traumatize and terrorize the little brother? I honestly don't know. My brother and sister are a good bit older than me and maybe my brain has blocked out all the trauma. Jack the oldest told Thomas the youngest that their teddy bears come to life at night and that if you are mean to them they will get even with you while you sleep. So now the teddy bears must sleep downstairs away from them. Thomas is not mean to his bear but he is still scared.

Now in Jacks' defense, when he was in kindergarten they had a teddy bear day and all of the kids could bring their bears to school. Now the bears had a sleep over at school and guess what. They were all in different places in the room than where the kids had left them. Now the teacher told them that they must have come to life to play with all the fun toys in the room. Jack said the toys were thrown about and some of the bears were in the center area playing with them. The kids got a big kick out of all this. We never did hear a lot about it from Jack.

Now he decides to share with Thomas all about the bears and their abilities. Thomas and Jack both believe just about anything you tell them. They believe all people are good and so on. Ahhh, the sweet innocence of youth. I used to be the same way. I am more of a skeptic now.

Jack has a spend the night party tonight with a friend. Thomas is afraid to sleep by himself. Thanks Jack! I guess I am going to be camping out in Jacks' bed tonight. Oh, my aching back.

I guess this will be one of those stories to tell when they get married. Or maybe when the graduate from high school or college. My brother enjoyed telling everyone, at my Wedding, about my imaginary playmate Jill. I had her for a couple of years. Needless to say I was an embarrassment to my family. That is probably why my brother chose to tell that story at my Wedding.

2 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

An imaginary friend named Jill? Hmmm...perhaps you better pick a different spot at the pool tomorrow! :)

Pampered Mom said...

OK,OK, I was lonely. No siblings near my age. I like to look at it as I had a really good imagination.