Thursday, June 26, 2008

Something cool for the kids. . .

I was reading this magazine, "All You" and it had a cool idea for your kids this summer. Their readers send in tips and cool stuff to save money and such. One reader said she let her kids create their own movie. She said they wrote their own scripts and rehearsed it and then filmed it. She said later the whole family would sit down and watch it together. I though that was pretty cool. I may try that with my kids. Who knows we may have another Lucas on our hands. You never know until you try.

I told Jack about it and since he is the only one that can write I told him he would have to write the script and that I would help film it for them. I think the reader that suggested this had more than 2 kids. He seemed pretty interested but who knows. I may try it later in the summer after All Stars calms down. I will keep you posted.

Here is another Thomas- ism:

Yesterday the door bell rang and of course the herd went running. It was our neighbor and I told the boys they could go out and talk for a while. Thomas shut the door on me and said, "We need our privacy mom," Now I ask you what do a 5, 6, and 8 year old need privacy for? That was a hoot!

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

There is no telling what they were discussing! If only you could have been a fly on the wall!