Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Treating yourself !!

I bought a gift certificate for myself to go to the spa. I figured I deserved it. I have a long hot summer with two grouchy boys to look forward to, I should pamper myself while I can. I bought this online you could get a $50 gift certificate for $25 so I did. I decided to go for the full body massage. Now normally I am not a massage kinda girl but, this was wonderful. I opted for the Swedish which is supposed to be less painful than the one to relieve stress. It was still somewhat painful. The lady that did mine said I had a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders. Hummmm, wonder why that is? Could this be the reason I chose to pamper myself. I have decided to follow the philosophy that; I am the only me I have and I need to take care of me. I have put others first for so long and I need to take care of me or those others will not have anyone to take care of them. HAHA!! Seriously, what good are we as mothers if we do not take care of ourselves. I know we all neglect ourselves to provide for everyone else. Stop, take stock in you, and today do a little pampering for yourself.

The great thing about all of this is that my husband is so nice he takes the kids to the movies or bowling so that I can have some time to myself. He does understand as a stay at home mother it is hard work and we do everything but stay at home. Thomas asked where I was going that day and I told him the spa. He said Mommy are your going to the Auto spa? I told him no I was going to a people spa. The place we take the car to get it washed is the Auto Spa and Thomas loves it because it sprays all of those pretty colors of soap.

So today I recommend you all take some Me time and pamper yourself. Even if you only take some extra time in the tub our shower do it for you.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

That sounds lovely!

"Me time" is the reason I get up at the crack of dawn!