Sunday, September 7, 2008

Conversations with Thomas. . .

As we were going down the road the other day I said something about Thomas being a young man. I may have said he was a handsome young man. Thomas said, "I am not a young man. I am not young anymore, I am in kindergarten." I said, "You are still a young man." "I am not, I am not young anymore." Thomas replied. He also added, "I am not your baby anymore either mommy." I told him, "oh yes you are. You will still be my baby when your as old as I am and have babies of your own." This went back and fourth and then I thought, ok there is no since fighting this.



Flash forward to last night.



As I was in the kitchen getting dinner ready a lot later than usual. The boys are running around the kitchen driving me crazy as usual. I asked Thomas if he wanted some milk. He said no he wanted soda. (note to those that do not know me. My kids do not drink soda often and never at home.) I told him no he could not have soda. He argued, of course, and told me he could have soda. He then said something about when he had kids that he would let them have soda. I told him I hoped to live long enough to see them both with children of their own. I also told them I would be glad to keep their kids and that I would allow my grandchildren to have soda and sweets and anything else they wanted. Then I would send them home to their daddies. (I know, how mean could I be.) I would probably only do it one or two times. Thomas laughed and he said I would just send them to their rooms. HA HA HA!!



I hope I live long enough to see my kids with kids. Of course I would have to apologize to their wives for all of that. To Memaw and Gee I am glad you do not do this to me. Mark of course may deserve a little of that too. I don't think I deserve any of it.

No comments: