Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kindergarten Enrichment. . .

Our elementary school has parents that come in and do special classes for the kindergarteners. We offer: Music, PE, science, spanish and art. I am doing the PE this year. I was quite nervous today to get started. I had fun though and I think the kids had fun. Some of them did not know what to think. I had a few that were wild and wooly but as a whole they did well.

I was trying to teach them about personal space and general space. I think that may have gone over their heads. I was soaking wet when I finished. I had four classes of kindergarteners. I knew a few of the kids just because they had been in preschool with Thomas.

I am going to have to put on my thinking cap for next week because I don't think they are going to let me do the same things twice.

I hope the other teachers did well with their classes today. I am sure art was a challenge. Their little attention spans are not very long.

If any of you have any suggestions as to what to do for Kindergarten PE please let me know. I am all for any suggestions.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Ugh...PE...I always dreaded PE.

All I can remember in elementary school was kick ball and four square.

I am no help! Sorry!