Thursday, September 11, 2008

High School Football. . .

Tomorrow we get to go to the High School Football game. I know I have mentioned that Jack is playing Pee Wee football. Their team will get to run out on the field with the big High School boys tomorrow night. Jack is so excited. I think Mark is too. I am not sure if the coaches get to run out too or not. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

Thomas has his first baseball game on Saturday and then another on Sunday. Jack has Jamboree on Saturday too. So I will be running from the baseball field to the football field. Nothing like being a "Field Mom." I guess it is a good thing we only had two kids. I know there are many more Moms out there just like me. Our kids won't appreciate it now but when they have kids they will appreciate all that we are doing. I know I appreciate my mom more since I have had my kids. I did everything in school. I was a: cheerleader, ballerina, softball player, and showed horses with my sister. I can only imagine how my mom felt taking us everywhere. She had three to deal with. We were a little farther apart in age though.

To all the other "Field Moms" out there, here is to you and your family. When the chips are down remember how their little eyes sparkle when they see you in the stands or when they see you watching them. It really does mean a lot to them, they just don't realize it yet.

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

Sounds like a busy weekend! Enjoy yourselves!