Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Half Day. . .

Yesterday the kids only went a half - day to school. I have yet to figure out why. Since my day was cut short I went to breakfast with my friend Lori. We had a nice leisurely breakfast and enjoyed stories of each others past few weeks. We only had a short time to do a few things so I decided I would take her to the new meat market here in town. They have fresh meat, seafood, baked goods and homemade pasta. We both decided we would get something for our families for supper. I was thinking about ribs. Mark and I had been talking about ribs earlier last week. I decided ok, I can do this. How hard could it be to fix ribs. Well the hard part was figuring out what kind and how many I needed. Thank goodness the nice folks at the meat market were able to help us out. Lori and I each left with BBQ sauce and ribs for our families. Oh, don't let me forget to tell you the best part, the ribs were $3.79/lb. Not a bad price.

I have not talked with Lori this morning about how her ribs were, but mine were great. I boiled them on the stove for about 30 min. and then Mark put them on the grill and basted them with the sauce every so often. Mark did not like the sauce that much but I did. It was sweet. The kids didn't like them. I did them some chicken on the grill. I kinda figured they would not like the ribs.

Now that I am comfortable with fixing ribs, I may have to try my Pampered Chef recipe for them in the deep covered baker in the microwave. Yes, I said microwave. I will keep you posted on that one.

I did a lot in my half-day. Poor Thomas had a day. He came home and told me he had fallen asleep in the cafeteria. Since it was a half - day they did not get their naps. I think they may have gone to lunch early too. Thomas said one of his friends teachers woke him up and he finished eating and then went back to class. He said he looked up and everyone was gone. I have always said my kids needed their rest. I just didn't know they needed it that much. I wonder what he is going to do when they don't take naps after Christmas?

1 comment:

Beth Cotell said...

We just started doing ribs on the grill this summer. We do ours the same way.

I like to use Sweet Baby Ray's. I've never been to that new meat market because I figured it would be expensive but 3.79 is a great price for ribs!

Poor Tom - you are going to have to start putting him to be at 6:00! :)