Monday, February 20, 2012

Leap Year. . .

A friend posted on facebook today about the fact we are in a Leap year and gave a good little exercise to do with your kids about Leap Year.  Here is what she said.
Have your kids write what they think they will be like in the year 2016, the next Leap year.   Have them tell about things they think they may be doing and what age they will be and how they think the world is going to be.  I know it is only four years,  but to kids that is an enternity.   Take a picture of them too.  Then take their note and seal it away to be opened on the next Leap year 2016.
My kids are upstairs doing this now.  I think it is a neat idea and it gets them thinking about their future.  Yes, you are only looking four years into the futrue but for Thomas that means teenagerdom.   I have taken my pictures of them and they are busy writing their thoughts. 
Jack says he will be in High School and driving.    Thomas has only said he would be 13 years old.    I cannot wait to read these.  We will seal them and put them away.  I only hope I can remember where I put them so I can retrieve them in four years.    Thank you April for sharing this great idea. 
Ladies good luck and have some fun.  If your kids are not old enough to write things down then help them out it will be fun even if you do it yourself.

No comments: