Wednesday, February 8, 2012

School struggles. . .

I know I have asked this  before but, why is 3rd grade so hard?  It has been a real struggle with things from kids in the class to school work.  I am very concerned that Thomas is falling behind.  His grades have dropped and punishing him is not what I think I need to be doing right now.  He is trying, it is not that he is being lazy.  He really is not understanding the work.  I talked with his teacher at length yesterday and she is worried he will not pass his EOG.  That is not something a Mom wishes to hear.  Obviously I needed to hear it, especially if there is a problem.  I have called the Sylvan learning center and have not heard back from them.  I am asking for prayers with this matter, please?  He has gone from A's and B's to a C and borderline C's.  Thomas is a smart kid and I do not know what is going on.
Please pray for my guidance in this matter and for the Lord to show me a path to help for my dear sweet Thomas.

3 comments:

Beth Cotell said...

Paige, I will be praying for discernment for you as you figure out the best way to help Thomas and I will be praying that Thomas gets the help and support he needs at school and elsewhere.

3rd grade really is hard!

Pampered Mom said...

we are going to Sylvan today for testing. I am praying this is where we need to be. Thank you!!

Beth Cotell said...

I hope they can give you the help Tom needs! Praying that it goes well.